Optical fiber cable is very common on both commercial and home use. Fiber optic cabling is a medium used to transmit data with the use of light. The type of light used is either diodes or infra-red. These infrared lights are used in advanced industrial applications in fields like telecommunication and computer network.
Optical cabling is faster and more accurate way of sending data from one point to another. This fiber cables are used by more and more companies in sending data as compared to traditional metal cables for new installations. Multi-core fiber cabling contain more than thousands of separate cores that allows thousand separate lines of communication to transfer in whatever form necessary. These optical fiber cabling installations is the evolution of communication in the future.
With the transfer of data in a faster, cleaner and with less interference, optical fiber cable is no doubt the top choice of different companies in transmitting voice, data, and videos. Here are some of the applications of fiber optics in communications:
1. Common Network Carrier. Nationwide networks that has common network carrier. This may include trunk lines for different offices.
2. Ease of Use. Optical fiber cable improve ease of use. These types of cables are small and flexible that can be installed in different settings. Due to the fact that these cables reduced interference, these can also useful in electrical and radio purposes.
3. Centralized and Flexible. Fiber optics is centralized and flexible. This is to facilitate the light signals that transmit from the end of the cable to another. The data transmission uses the light; it is definitely faster than any other types or means of communication.
4. Capable of Transmitting Large Amount of Information. Optical cables can carry large amounts of data. In terms of band width it’s very much higher than any other cable. These are greatly used for computer set-up to effectively transfer data and information.
5. Less data loss. Since optical fibers use light when transmitting information, it can travel faster than electric currents. Also, since data is transmitted in the form of light pulses, no external currents can disrupt the transmission.
6. Not Expensive. Fiber optic cabling will not cost much and easy to install.
These are the main points about optical fiber and its application. If you want a more effective form of data transmission, use fiber optics. It is the future of communication and networking.